Skip to main content

Filming my Music Video

 Today I filmed my music video. I had spoken with my neighbor about having her be the main actress in the video, but she kept blowing me off. I decided to do it with myself as the actress. I could take a couple shots with the help of a tripod, but for the majority of the shots I had to ask my mom for help holding the camera. This was hard because I would have to explain to her each shot so she could hold the camera the way I wanted her to. Many of my shots were done in a few takes. They weren't that complicated, but there were a couple shots that gave me quite a bit of trouble. Most notably, the dance scene. For this scene, I went on YouTube for point of view shots of people dancing together. It just felt like no matter what i did, the shot looked so unnatural. Eventually, I was able to get it down and look more natural, but I do still think this is my weakest shot in terms of realism. The skating shot was a lot of fun to make. I filmed it over and over again in circles around my neighborhood as the sun was beginning to set. This made it so the sun was either nearly invisible or completely overexposed in the shot. I chose the shot I did because it gave it a beautiful sun leak. I think it just added to the overall aesthetic of the video and the quiet, ethereal vibes I wanted to have in the video. The sun ended up working in my favor.

Here is a rough draft of the shots with the music behind it!



Until next time, Danniella Miller signing off :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Researching for my Music Video

Song: Tu by maye Genre: This song is categorized as latin pop. What that means is a song or artist that has significant Latin influences while still being significantly popular, combining aspects of Latin music with American pop music. Most Latin pop songs are in the languages of Spanish, Portuguese, English, or a mix of the three. Another thing that is widely found in Latin pop is a basic song structure or repeated choruses. Genre video examples: When looking at videos in the Latin pop genre, I noticed a lot of black and white imagery, giving the videos an antique and vintage feel. Another common occurrence was the use of empty stages with a plain color background. These allowed to singers and actors' clothes and actions to truly shine through without the distraction of a busy background. In maye's own video for Tu, there was a love story between the two main characters, which is also quite common to see. Relationships and love are a very popular and nearly universal feeling, ...

Filming my Pentel Commercial

 Today was the filming day of my commercial. My actor came over and we had to get right to work as we had limited time. There were a few circumstantial issues, such as the fact we were filming in the living room and we had to make sure none of my family members messed up the shot. Another issue was the lighting, as there wasn't sufficient lighting due to the constant raining and generally cloudy weather. We fixed this by taking longer shots and multiple takes, so if someone was in the background doing something that we could see we would take another shot until we got the perfect one. As for the lighting, we had to improvise by adding some lamps around the shot without breaking anything. When we got to filming we had originally planned to do a tracking shot as the actor walked up to look through some pens, but we realized it wouldn't be feasible with our current equipment. The filming process did end up being much faster than I had originally thought. This is the first time I...

Genre Research: Drama

 The Drama Genre: So in this powerpoint, I worked to analyze the genre of Drama. I went through common themes in the movies and what truly makes a movie a drama. A drama is categorized by being a movie with high stakes and several conflicts. Common lighting can include three point lighting, lowkey lighting, and high key lighting. Lighting is used to change thee feeling and the audience's understanding of a scene. Common camera angles include ducth angles, low angle, and high angle shots. These angles change the audience's perception of the movie and what's going on. It allows the audience to see the characters in a scene in a different light. it also gives the audience insight into the kind of person the character might me in a certain situation. For example, if in a verbal fight, a character is shot with a high angle, the audience gets to understand that that character is the superior in this situation. It can also help show change in characters. Going from a high angle in...