Skip to main content

Editng my Music Video

 As of right now, I've started editing my music video. I had a lot of issues trying to align the music and finding what part of the music I wanted to use. I knew I wanted to edit to the music, with the scene switching every time the lyrics changed. This was also a little hard because if I changed the music placement, I would have to redo all the clips that I edited to the music previously. Originally, in my storyboard, I had another scene planned where the actor would be cloud gazing with the camera. I ended up being unable to film it the same day as I filmed the rest of my clips since the sun had nearly completely set by the time we were done with everything else. The next day was very cloudy and rainy, so I didn't want to film either and instead started doing a rough editing job and just vaguely putting clips where I wanted them. During this stage, I realized that if I started the video when maye starts signing, the one-minute video will end at an awkward place in the middle of a lyric. To combat this, I added in some of the instrumental of the beginning. I had space allocated for this clip I was missing, but due to the time constraints, I felt that the storyline was getting too rushed. I decided to make some of the other clips longer to focus on them and work on getting the story across. I think it ended up conveying my message a lot better and getting the idea across. Not filming that last clip ended up being a blessing in disguise. Another thing I started to experiment with is some color correction in the video. I want the video to look rosy and loving, using warm tones and some added saturation. I looked at some Youtube videos to give me a vague understanding of the tools, and I could understand what some of the tools were from photo editing I have done. One of the cool things Premiere Pro has is that it automatically adjusts some of the settings to make the video look better. For most clips, I pressed the automatic editing button to see how Premiere thought my video clips could look better. From there, I would fiddle with each individual setting to look better to me. This also allowed me to create more of a contrast between the actor being lonely and sad and them being happy and excited when they were dressed the same.

On the right-hand side, you can see the color correcting settings I used for this particular clip.


Until next time, Danniella Miller signing off :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Researching for my Music Video

Song: Tu by maye Genre: This song is categorized as latin pop. What that means is a song or artist that has significant Latin influences while still being significantly popular, combining aspects of Latin music with American pop music. Most Latin pop songs are in the languages of Spanish, Portuguese, English, or a mix of the three. Another thing that is widely found in Latin pop is a basic song structure or repeated choruses. Genre video examples: When looking at videos in the Latin pop genre, I noticed a lot of black and white imagery, giving the videos an antique and vintage feel. Another common occurrence was the use of empty stages with a plain color background. These allowed to singers and actors' clothes and actions to truly shine through without the distraction of a busy background. In maye's own video for Tu, there was a love story between the two main characters, which is also quite common to see. Relationships and love are a very popular and nearly universal feeling, ...

Filming my Pentel Commercial

 Today was the filming day of my commercial. My actor came over and we had to get right to work as we had limited time. There were a few circumstantial issues, such as the fact we were filming in the living room and we had to make sure none of my family members messed up the shot. Another issue was the lighting, as there wasn't sufficient lighting due to the constant raining and generally cloudy weather. We fixed this by taking longer shots and multiple takes, so if someone was in the background doing something that we could see we would take another shot until we got the perfect one. As for the lighting, we had to improvise by adding some lamps around the shot without breaking anything. When we got to filming we had originally planned to do a tracking shot as the actor walked up to look through some pens, but we realized it wouldn't be feasible with our current equipment. The filming process did end up being much faster than I had originally thought. This is the first time I...

Genre Research: Drama

 The Drama Genre: So in this powerpoint, I worked to analyze the genre of Drama. I went through common themes in the movies and what truly makes a movie a drama. A drama is categorized by being a movie with high stakes and several conflicts. Common lighting can include three point lighting, lowkey lighting, and high key lighting. Lighting is used to change thee feeling and the audience's understanding of a scene. Common camera angles include ducth angles, low angle, and high angle shots. These angles change the audience's perception of the movie and what's going on. It allows the audience to see the characters in a scene in a different light. it also gives the audience insight into the kind of person the character might me in a certain situation. For example, if in a verbal fight, a character is shot with a high angle, the audience gets to understand that that character is the superior in this situation. It can also help show change in characters. Going from a high angle in...