Skip to main content

My Pitch


 Today I'm going to be brainstorming some ideas for my final task. I've spent a long time trying to think about what is actually feasible due to the COVID restrictions and who I can get in time to film. Here are my two main ideas for what I want to and can do.

1. Four teenagers are brought together to bring peace to the world after finding out their parents were in a cult.

I think this would be cool to do because I can create separate storylines and ideas for each character. Moreover, it would make the filming process easier. Filming one person's story at a time will allow me to separate out the times we all need to get together and film. Plus, being one on one to film with someone will prevent too many people from being together and allowing us to ease to follow COVID restrictions. On the other hand, it would be really hard to get 4 people together, plus those playing with their parents, together in order to film it. 

2. Teen girl gets thrown into a video game and has to win the game to save herself and everyone she cares about.

This would be easy because it wouldn't require too many actors and most of the scenes will focus on one actor. COVID restrictions can easily be followed and there is only one other person I would really need to work with in order to get things filmed. However, it would require a lot of editing and post-production work. More than anything, it would be hard to get my actor to understand how things will look in post-production, especially if we can't build props.


I think I'm going to go with the first option. Even though it might be a little hard to get the actors all together, I think it's more feasible for me to do. For the opening scene, I can show an event in the future which brings everyone together. Then, as exposition, I can show the even that split them apart.

Overall, I'm really excited to keep working on this!

Signing off, 
Danniella Miller


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Researching for my Music Video

Song: Tu by maye Genre: This song is categorized as latin pop. What that means is a song or artist that has significant Latin influences while still being significantly popular, combining aspects of Latin music with American pop music. Most Latin pop songs are in the languages of Spanish, Portuguese, English, or a mix of the three. Another thing that is widely found in Latin pop is a basic song structure or repeated choruses. Genre video examples: When looking at videos in the Latin pop genre, I noticed a lot of black and white imagery, giving the videos an antique and vintage feel. Another common occurrence was the use of empty stages with a plain color background. These allowed to singers and actors' clothes and actions to truly shine through without the distraction of a busy background. In maye's own video for Tu, there was a love story between the two main characters, which is also quite common to see. Relationships and love are a very popular and nearly universal feeling, ...

Filming my Pentel Commercial

 Today was the filming day of my commercial. My actor came over and we had to get right to work as we had limited time. There were a few circumstantial issues, such as the fact we were filming in the living room and we had to make sure none of my family members messed up the shot. Another issue was the lighting, as there wasn't sufficient lighting due to the constant raining and generally cloudy weather. We fixed this by taking longer shots and multiple takes, so if someone was in the background doing something that we could see we would take another shot until we got the perfect one. As for the lighting, we had to improvise by adding some lamps around the shot without breaking anything. When we got to filming we had originally planned to do a tracking shot as the actor walked up to look through some pens, but we realized it wouldn't be feasible with our current equipment. The filming process did end up being much faster than I had originally thought. This is the first time I...

Genre Research: Drama

 The Drama Genre: So in this powerpoint, I worked to analyze the genre of Drama. I went through common themes in the movies and what truly makes a movie a drama. A drama is categorized by being a movie with high stakes and several conflicts. Common lighting can include three point lighting, lowkey lighting, and high key lighting. Lighting is used to change thee feeling and the audience's understanding of a scene. Common camera angles include ducth angles, low angle, and high angle shots. These angles change the audience's perception of the movie and what's going on. It allows the audience to see the characters in a scene in a different light. it also gives the audience insight into the kind of person the character might me in a certain situation. For example, if in a verbal fight, a character is shot with a high angle, the audience gets to understand that that character is the superior in this situation. It can also help show change in characters. Going from a high angle in...