Skip to main content

Production starts!

 Now that I have everything planned out, it's time to get to work. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to filming just yet. My brother, who is helping me film, has to go in person to work. He's been nonstop working for quite some time. Because of this, we plan to get to filming over the weekend, where he'll be free for the first time. In the meantime, I get small opportunities to talk to him, so I use that time to explain what's going on and what we will do in filming. The most important scenes I need are the ones with him in them. The rest I will work to get on my own or with the help of my mom if my brother is unable to help. I have broken down each scene as small and as simple as possible in order to best explain it to my mom and my brother. I'm a bit scared because I have a specific idea of the angles and compositions I want, but conveying it to others is still quite hard for me. It's something I've struggled with quite a bit. I've had to use my family to help me film projects throughout the year since due to COVID-19 I have been unable to interact with many of my peers. Explaining my ideas and thought process to others, especially those unfamiliar with many film terms, is a lot harder than I thought it would be. This is something I continue to work on, and thankfully I have enough storage and time to keep reshooting until I get the shots I want. Having everything planned out, I feel confident that I will be able to make the best opening sequence I can. I'm excited to start filming too. Although, I am a bit scared to start editing.


Until next time, Danniella Miller signing off !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Researching for my Music Video

Song: Tu by maye Genre: This song is categorized as latin pop. What that means is a song or artist that has significant Latin influences while still being significantly popular, combining aspects of Latin music with American pop music. Most Latin pop songs are in the languages of Spanish, Portuguese, English, or a mix of the three. Another thing that is widely found in Latin pop is a basic song structure or repeated choruses. Genre video examples: When looking at videos in the Latin pop genre, I noticed a lot of black and white imagery, giving the videos an antique and vintage feel. Another common occurrence was the use of empty stages with a plain color background. These allowed to singers and actors' clothes and actions to truly shine through without the distraction of a busy background. In maye's own video for Tu, there was a love story between the two main characters, which is also quite common to see. Relationships and love are a very popular and nearly universal feeling, ...

Filming my Pentel Commercial

 Today was the filming day of my commercial. My actor came over and we had to get right to work as we had limited time. There were a few circumstantial issues, such as the fact we were filming in the living room and we had to make sure none of my family members messed up the shot. Another issue was the lighting, as there wasn't sufficient lighting due to the constant raining and generally cloudy weather. We fixed this by taking longer shots and multiple takes, so if someone was in the background doing something that we could see we would take another shot until we got the perfect one. As for the lighting, we had to improvise by adding some lamps around the shot without breaking anything. When we got to filming we had originally planned to do a tracking shot as the actor walked up to look through some pens, but we realized it wouldn't be feasible with our current equipment. The filming process did end up being much faster than I had originally thought. This is the first time I...

Genre Research: Drama

 The Drama Genre: So in this powerpoint, I worked to analyze the genre of Drama. I went through common themes in the movies and what truly makes a movie a drama. A drama is categorized by being a movie with high stakes and several conflicts. Common lighting can include three point lighting, lowkey lighting, and high key lighting. Lighting is used to change thee feeling and the audience's understanding of a scene. Common camera angles include ducth angles, low angle, and high angle shots. These angles change the audience's perception of the movie and what's going on. It allows the audience to see the characters in a scene in a different light. it also gives the audience insight into the kind of person the character might me in a certain situation. For example, if in a verbal fight, a character is shot with a high angle, the audience gets to understand that that character is the superior in this situation. It can also help show change in characters. Going from a high angle in...