Skip to main content

Intense Editing

Since the completion of filming, I've been nonstop editing. I'm so excited to but all the tools I've learned to use. I have so much to do that I barely know what to work on sometimes. When editing, I like to have the music done first. The idea of having jumbled noise while I'm trying to focus on editing is not very appealing. So, I got all the dialogue where it needed to be. I also made sure it was as clear as possible. I experimented with filming the audio again in a quieter area, but it completely changed the feeling I wanted. When I redid the audio, it felt copy-pasted on to of the video and it didn't feel very natural like the original audio did. I also fiddled around with the music in order to make it match when the main character, Katy, has her headphones in. That way, the audio becomes diegetic although it cannot be heard by anyone besides Katy. Having Katy listening to video game music seems fitting, as I envision her being a bit of a nerd. I am scared I might have to refilm a certain portion that I've already redone several times. Besides not having the time in my schedule to refilm, the outfit and makeup I created for Katy is quite complicated to put on and very specific. I wanted her to look pretty lonely, nerdy, and quiet. Although I think it fits her very well, it will be complicated to put back on again. After I got the audio finished, I started doing rough cuts throughout the film. I made sure to keep only the parts where things were happening, and trying to get as much of it down. I didn't want to get very specific with this part, just making sure any clear bloopers were out of the scenes.




Until next time, Danniella Miller signing off. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Researching for my Music Video

Song: Tu by maye Genre: This song is categorized as latin pop. What that means is a song or artist that has significant Latin influences while still being significantly popular, combining aspects of Latin music with American pop music. Most Latin pop songs are in the languages of Spanish, Portuguese, English, or a mix of the three. Another thing that is widely found in Latin pop is a basic song structure or repeated choruses. Genre video examples: When looking at videos in the Latin pop genre, I noticed a lot of black and white imagery, giving the videos an antique and vintage feel. Another common occurrence was the use of empty stages with a plain color background. These allowed to singers and actors' clothes and actions to truly shine through without the distraction of a busy background. In maye's own video for Tu, there was a love story between the two main characters, which is also quite common to see. Relationships and love are a very popular and nearly universal feeling, ...

Filming my Pentel Commercial

 Today was the filming day of my commercial. My actor came over and we had to get right to work as we had limited time. There were a few circumstantial issues, such as the fact we were filming in the living room and we had to make sure none of my family members messed up the shot. Another issue was the lighting, as there wasn't sufficient lighting due to the constant raining and generally cloudy weather. We fixed this by taking longer shots and multiple takes, so if someone was in the background doing something that we could see we would take another shot until we got the perfect one. As for the lighting, we had to improvise by adding some lamps around the shot without breaking anything. When we got to filming we had originally planned to do a tracking shot as the actor walked up to look through some pens, but we realized it wouldn't be feasible with our current equipment. The filming process did end up being much faster than I had originally thought. This is the first time I...

Genre Research: Drama

 The Drama Genre: So in this powerpoint, I worked to analyze the genre of Drama. I went through common themes in the movies and what truly makes a movie a drama. A drama is categorized by being a movie with high stakes and several conflicts. Common lighting can include three point lighting, lowkey lighting, and high key lighting. Lighting is used to change thee feeling and the audience's understanding of a scene. Common camera angles include ducth angles, low angle, and high angle shots. These angles change the audience's perception of the movie and what's going on. It allows the audience to see the characters in a scene in a different light. it also gives the audience insight into the kind of person the character might me in a certain situation. For example, if in a verbal fight, a character is shot with a high angle, the audience gets to understand that that character is the superior in this situation. It can also help show change in characters. Going from a high angle in...